CBD is everywhere! You can buy it in the health food stores, Target, Walmart, the local farmer’s market and everywhere on the internet, but how do you know which one is the best?
KGW of Oregon News just completed an extensive study on CBD and how much is really in the products being offered. There are donuts, water, cookies, gummies and tinctures to name a few. Their testing found that you’re not getting what you bought. Since the FDA isn’t regulating all the products out there, you need to be careful where you’re getting your products. Other than testing every product, being a smart consumer can be a challenge.
Here are a few tips to help your decision making:
- Educate yourself: CBD needs a long chain fatty acid to be taken up by the body. Vegetable oils won’t cut it. Next best would be Olive oil (a good quality olive oil), best is fractionated coconut oil. If it’s being added to water, you’re paying for something your body can’t use. If it’s in a can, the CBD (according to the studies done) sticks to the sides of the can and you’re not getting the mg on the label.
- Know the source. There are great products out there on the internet and in the stores but there are equally imitators that simply want a piece of the pie. Buyer be ware. Look for companies that are authentic about their products and what they can and can’t do. Great companies work to educate consumers. Practice the adage, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Understand the reason you’re seeking CBD treatments. Predominately CBD is an anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-bacterial pain reliever. Which means if the issue you’re suffering from at it’s core is one of those things, then CBD may help to solve the problem. For example, you’ve pulled a muscle or over-used it, that’s inflammation—CBD can help. Arthritis, stress, high blood pressure, anxiety all have nerve and system inflammation as their source–CBD can help. Be a good steward of your body, listen to what it’s telling you, and have a real expectation of what a natural remedy can do for you. Remember there are many other things you can do for example a swollen joint: ice, heat, rest, massage, hydration AND CBD. Use all of them rather than expect one treatment to solve the issue.
- Know where your CBD comes from. Look for the other labeled ingredients. No ingredients/No purchase.
- Once you’ve purchased a product you should see results within three days (or at least an improvement) No change either means your dosage is too low or your product isn’t worthy.
I hope this helps. Feel free to ask questions. I’m happy to help. If I don’t know the answer, I’ll find out!
Ultimately, be a good steward of your body. Be wise and Opt To Live the abundant life!